No “Lashkar” allowed in Balochistan: BA told

546
No one can stop Balochistan's development: Zehri

QUETTA, Aug 2 (APP): The provincial government of Balochistan will not allow anti-peace elements to run “armed lashkars” in the province and stren action will be taken against them, said Chief Minister Balochistan, Nawab Sanaullah Khan Zehri while addressing the Balochistan Assembly on Tuesday.

The Chief Minister said, “In past, terrorists were at large and innocent people were being killed in acts of terror on a large scale, but now the situation had been changed and peace was restored.”

He said the China-Pak Economic Corridor was being implemented in the province and added that his government was making practical efforts to ensure peace in the province.

Remembering past situation, he said armed groups on the pretext of “Lashkars” were committing crimes in Khuzdar and Kalat five years back and even people were forced to shut their shops before 5 p.m. evening. But, now the war on terror was bearing fruits as peace had been restored and traffic on national highways was plying without any fear.

“If anyone thinks that he could stop implementation of CPEC by killing security forces personnel and innocent people, then I make it clear on him that such nefarious designs would be foiled,” he said, adding peace had been restored 100 percent in Khuzdar, Dera Bugti and Kohlu.

Earlier, speaking in the house, Deputy Opposition leader, Eng. Zamarak Piralizai said there was still a lot of needed to be done to improve law and order in the province.

Responding to the demand made by Pashtoonkhawa Milli Awami Party MPA, Syed Liaquat Ali Agha, the Home Minister, Mir Sarfaraz Bugti said the police would be evacuated from Levies Force check-posts in Pishin.

Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl MPA, Husan Bano Rakhshani said common people were being harassed in the name of action against pillion riding.

Later, the house was adjourned till August 05.