Grave Indian HR abuses in IoK can result into worst tragedy: Qureshi

APP38-25 MULTAN: August 25 - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi addressing a reception hosted by Rana Farooq at Rangeelpur. APP photo by Safdar Abbas

MULTAN, Aug 25 (APP)::Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Sunday said grave human rights violations were being committed by occupation forces in the Indian occupied Kashmir (IoK), which could turn into a worst tragedy.

Talking to journalists before attending a “Kashmir Bane Ga Pakistan” rally here, Qureshi said the Indian atrocities on the people of held valley were increasing with each passing day. The international community should pay special attention
to resolve the Kashmir issue, he added.

He said the Indian government had not allowed opposition leader Rahul Gandhi to visit Kashmir and sent him back to New Delhi from Srinager.

He said he himself had contacted the United Nations Human Rights Commission and the UN secretary general and apprised them about the critical situation in IoK.

ALSO READ  640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours

The held valley had been under round the clock curfew for the last 21 days and with shortage of medicines and food, the situation for the people of Kashmir had become critical, he added.

The minister said India had tried to make Kashmir as its internal matter but it had been exposed by Pakistan through intensive foreign diplomacy. The Islamic countries were already in support of Pakistan on the issue while Iran, Turkey and Malaysia had also raised their voice for the Kashmiri people, he added.

He said the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) should play its role and help stop Indian brutalities on the innocent people of Kashmir. There were reports that India was planning to send extremists of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh to Jammu and Kashmir and the international community to take notice of that, he added.

ALSO READ  640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours