Fire in a building at I.I.Chundrigar Road brought under control

KARACHI, Oct 01 (APP):Fire that erupted early Monday morning at a multi storey building in New Chali area, off I.I. Chundrigar Road was brought under control by noon, said Chief Fire Officer, Tehsin Siddiqui. Talking to APP he said the fire was caused due to short circuit in the basement of the building.
Fire, he said was extremely intense as generators and diesel to fuel these were also placed in the
Mentioning that fire broke out at around 5pm, he said there were therefore not many people around.
The building itself was said to be fully sealed making rescue efforts extremely difficult.
However, with the application of a snorkel supplemented by four five engines and additional support by Pakistan Navy fire services helped to control the situation.
To a query, he said there is no fire exit in the building while discontinuation of electricity to the building itself also took time. About the ongoing cooling process, Sidduqui said this too was not smooth as fumes could not be easily released due to sealed windows.
The building, located in a congested lane was said to house numerous offices and shops.