LAHORE, May 24 (APP):Punjab Minister for Information and Culture Syed Sumsam Bukhari on Friday said that National Action Plan (NAP) was being implemented in letter and spirit and would continue till achievement of all objectives.
Addressing a press conference here at DGPR, the provincial minister said that armed forces, intelligence agencies and the government were collectively taking part in activities and their services were laudable.
He said the government and law-enforcement agencies were committed that under NAP, no one would be allowed to carry out anti-Pakistan activities.
Hate speeches, collection of funds by banned outfits and sectarian disparity were not allowed under NAP and strict action was being taken on it.
He said an operation against banned outfits was launched on March 4 this year, wherein many activists and leaders of the banned outfits, declared by the United Nations, had been arrested besides seizure of their assets.
Performance of the Punjab province remains prominent in taking action against those organisations, he added. Administrators have been deputed on the assets of such organisations and its control has been given to respective departments including health and education. The government, after regularising these organisations, would run under its control, he added.
He said strict monitoring was being conducted of Printing Press Corporation so that no such material could get published which harms country’s positive image or creates sectarian sentiments.
He said the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) had also conducted an operation in the last few days and arrested a number of such elements belonging to banned organisations who were collecting funds from the public.
The ongoing operation was being carried out in larger national interest. He said persons who were arrested include Zahid of Sipah-e-Sahabah and Irfan, a member of banned Jaish-e-Muhammad, were arrested from Gujranwala.
Giving briefing on decisions taken in the cabinet meeting under the chair of Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar, he said that all the Ramazan bazaars set up throughout the province, would be changed into Eid bazaars from 21st Ramazan and an amount of Rs 20 million would be provided for giving subsidy on daily-use items.
The minsietr said that on the directions of the Supreme Court to take Re 1 per litre from mineral water companies, who extract underground water, a comprehensive mechanism be evolved and a separate account be opened for depositing the collected amount.
The Punjab cabinet meeting gave the approval to change the name of Fort Munro Development Authority as Koh-e-Suleman Development Authority and also decided to expand the scope of this authority to the tribal areas of DG Khan and Rajanpur. For that purpose, necessary amendments will be made to the act, he said.
To a question, he said conducting protest was right of the opposition parties, but it is an important question that what they would offer people as most of the leaders of PML-N were convicted.