Saudi Arabia intensifies efforts to establish lasting peace in Yemen

Saudi Arabia

RIYADH, September 15 (APP): Saudi Arabia, building upon the initiative unveiled in March 2021 for a lasting peace in Yemen, has intensified its efforts to establish to achieve a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire in the war-torn region.

Under the guidance of Ambassador Mohammed Al Jabir, representing the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, the Saudi team had been actively engaged in meetings and discussions, said the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement on Friday.

It said the Sultanate of Oman had played a pivotal role in the diplomatic endeavours and their collaborative efforts were particularly evident during a series of crucial meetings held in Sana’a from April 8 to April 13.

“The objective of these deliberations is to formulate a sustainable and universally accepted political solution, endorsed by all Yemeni parties involved in the conflict,” it added.

As a testament to their commitment, the ministry said Saudi Arabia had extended an invitation to a delegation from Sana’a, urging them to visit the Kingdom, hoping that it would pave the way for further discussions, bringing Yemen one step closer to lasting peace.

It is pertinent to mention here that Saudi Arabia, in collaboration with Oman, remained steadfast in its pursuit of a peaceful resolution to the Yemeni crisis, signaling hope for a brighter and more stable future for the region.

 

APP Services