LAHORE, Feb 18 (APP):Punjab Minister for Information and Culture Azma Bokhari has announced that under Pakistan’s largest-ever Nigehban Ramazan package, 4.2 million families will receive direct financial assistance of Rs 10,000 each, without any PIN requirement or service charges.
In a press conference at the DGPR on Wednesday, she said that eligible individuals who were missed during surveys or did not receive assistance can contact the “Maryam Ko Batain” helpline at 1000. By providing their CNIC number, eligibility will be verified immediately and complaints resolved within 24 hours.
According to the minister, funds can be withdrawn directly from ATMs or bank centers, and strict action will be taken against anyone demanding illegal charges. Three cases have already been registered against violators. She added that distribution of cards across Punjab will be completed by March 10.
Conveying Chief Minister ’s message, Azma Bokhari emphasized that assistance will reach every family with dignity, without the need for crowds or long queues. Every eligible household will receive its entitlement without obstruction.
Special Assistant to the CM Salma Butt said free Iftar arrangements have been made in every tehsil, serving around 2,000 people daily. Philanthropists have also contributed generously, and the chief minister has directed that certificates and awards be given to those supporting public welfare.
The SACM urged citizens not to misuse the helpline or engage in hoarding, stressing that the Punjab government is ensuring transparent and secure distribution so that all deserving families receive their Rs 10,000 assistance during Ramazan. Salma Butt further stated that all Sahulat Bazaars in Punjab have been converted into Ramazan Sahulat Bazaars, enabling citizens to shop from home using the Nigehban Ramadan Card. More than 17,000 grocery stores have been linked to the card. The minority card amount has been increased from Rs 3,500 to Rs 10,000, while over 700,000 cards have already been delivered. Ramazan control rooms have also been activated in all districts to monitor prices and supply. For the Christian community, 157,000 cards have been distributed so far.
Regarding the three-day Ramazan Bachat Bazaar at Jillani Park, the government provided subsidies worth Rs 30 million, benefiting more than 300,000 citizens.
Azma Bokhari criticized the PTI, alleging that those responsible for political oppression are now seeking relief. She questioned why international human rights advocates remained silent during PTI’s tenure when, according to her, human rights were violated and political opponents were ridiculed.
She said propaganda regarding the PTI founder’s health had been disproven by medical reports and that the government was fulfilling its responsibilities by providing all necessary facilities and healthcare.
Commenting on PTI’s 13-year rule in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, she claimed that road closures caused severe public hardship, with ambulances stranded and courts forced to intervene, while terrorism incidents continued.
The minister stated that the government would provide legal assistance wherever required but will not tolerate anarchy, unrest, or attacks on state authority. She added that prisoners, including the PTI founder, are receiving facilities beyond past precedents, but politics cannot be used as a justification to challenge the state.
She concluded that Punjab’s position is clear: all legal rights will be provided in accordance with the law and constitution, but no compromise will be made on the authority of the state.