Blacklisted US citizen to be deported in light of JIT report: Nisar

653
Opposition should avoid politicizing every issue for political gains: Nisar

ISLAMABAD, Aug 12 (APP): Minister for Interior, Chaudhry
Nisar Ali Khan on Friday said in light of findings of Joint
Investigation Team (JIT), blacklisted American national, Matthew Barrett would be deported in next three days.
He said the findings did not suggest that Matthew Barrett
was a spy but he was found in objectionable activities.

Addressing a press conference here, he said the American
national was blacklisted by Pakistan in 2011 and was later deported from the country. Despite this, Matthew was issued visa by Pakistani Consulate in Houston, he added.

He said action was being taken against the officials
who committed negligence in issuing visa to Matthew Barrett. However, the official who identified him, was given appreciation and cash prize, he added.

The minister said action has also been taken against
the FIA official who committed negligence in granting entry to Matthew Barrett.

Regarding campaign of verification of Computerized
National Identity Cards (CNICs), Ch. Nisar said National
Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has so far reverified around 30.12 million CNICs since launch of the campaign from July 1.

The minister said the first phase of CNIC verification
campaign has successfully been completed and NADRA had sent around 3.816 million SMS while people sent 3.343 million SMS to get their CNICs verified during a period of one month and ten days.

Ch. Nisar said during the period, around 30,000 aliens
were also identified whose CNICs were blocked.

He said about one third of the total CNICs have been
verified and termed reverification a national duty while response of the people was also quite appreciative which should continue.

He appealed people and the media to make this national
campaign a success.

Ch Nisar said NADRA had received 58,000 calls at its
toll free number introduced for the re verification purpose.

Moreover, he said during the period 14 foreigners have
called and surrendered their CNICs and passports.

He warned strict legal action would be taken after
August 31 against foreigners who illegally obtained Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and cases would be also registered against those who have been living in the country by getting CNICs through unfair means.

The other important matter, Interior Minister, Ch. Nisar
mentioned was Indian Home Affairs Minister Rajnath Singh’s negative attitude during recently hosted South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Conference in Islamabad and later his speech in Indian Rajya Sabha (parliament).

Ch. Nisar said no Pakistani can remain silent over
atrocities being committed against innocent people of Occupied Kashmir by Indian forces and added dialogue is the only option for Pakistan and India to resolve their issues, but India always closed door for talks and also maligned Pakistan.

He said people of Pakistan were emotionally attached
with Kashmiris and rightly protested upon arrival of Rajnath Singh against recent violence of Indian forces in the Occupied Kashmir.

Referring to Indian Home Minister’s early departure before
conclusion of recent SAARC Interior Ministers’ conference, Nisar said the lunch was not hosted by him but it was hosted by Pakistan being a host of SAARC conference.

He further elaborated that lunches during the Conference were arranged as working lunches and he had hosted a dinner in honour of guests where he was present.

The minister clarified that he as a Pakistani responded to the
remarks of the Indian Minister about Pakistan and only defended his country.

“Being a Pakistani, I am bound to answer to any defamation of my country, committed in any corner of the world,” he said.

“You closed doors for dialogues. You helped in breaking up
of Pakistan in two parts. You commit massacre in Kashmir,” he said, adding that he responded only in the larger interest and for respect of Pakistan.
The other issue, he mentioned was the implementation of
National Action Plan (NAP) and said the world has recognized
Pakistan’s successes in war on terrorism.

Thanks to strenuous efforts and sacrifices of people
and Armed Forces, the incidents of terrorism decreased, he said and added before 2013, 5 to 6 incidents of terrorism were used to happen per day in the country.

He said undue criticism of security agencies was not
a service to the country. “It is his duty as Interior Minister to refute wrong impression created about the security agencies. The security agencies are giving sacrifices for Pakistan and we should stand by them,” he added.

The terrorists are on the run and they are desperately
hitting soft targets, he said and added 20,000 Intelligence Based Operations (IBOs) have been carried out which helped to prevent several terrorist attacks.

Answering a question, he said Ministry of Interior has been
coordinating with regard to the implementation of NAP.

The Minister said the opposition was not serious in
measures against corruption but it was exploiting the issue to secure political vested interests.

The minister said politics in Pakistan was gripped by
hypocrisy and Chairman Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan should ask Chairman Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on container that from where Surrey and Dubai Palaces and Swiss bank money came from.

He also took a dig at PPP and said what was the relation
of PPP and model Ayyan Ali who was facing money laundering charges.

He recalled, “One responsible person came to me and offered reconciliation with PPP if Ayyan Ali is released and Dr Asim Hussain is bailed out, which is not possible for me as a honest person.”

Ch. Nisar said some leaders of PPP had made a nexus against him and they leveled false allegations against him which was not appropriate.

He said the practice of leveling false allegations against
him should be stopped and proposed to have a debate (Manazra) in presence of renowned journalists, or they can set up a Commission with representations of credible retired judges and or they can approach Supreme Court.

Answering another question, he said some arrests have been
made in connection with Quetta incident and added those responsible of Quetta attack would not be spared and taken to task.