PM reviews Sahiwal coal power plant

244

LAHORE, Feb 2 (APP): Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday reviewed pace of work on 1320 MW Coal Power Project, Qadirabad, Sahiwal district. The project consists of two plants of 660 MW each while the total cost of the project is USD 1.8 billion. The entire investment of the project is being made by Chinese bank through the Chinese Independent Power Producers (IPPs) executing the Sahiwal Coal Power Project. The project is sprawled over 1700 acres. The project was started six months ago and Huaneng Shandong Group China is to complete 51 percent of the project while the remaining 49 percent work will be completed by Shandong Rayi Science China.