ISLAMABAD, Dec 7 (APP): On the directive of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, the authorities concerned Wednesday took necessary steps to transport and recognize the bodies of unfortunate passengers and crew of PIA flight crash near Havelian.
These steps included: National Emergency Operation Centre is activated for coordination and any assistance from National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) PH No (051) 9205037)
2. NDMA has advised Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) and District Administration to transport all casualties to a single hospital for recognition and further transportation.
3. Ministry of Interior has placed its helicopters on the disposal of NDMA to evacuate dead bodies. Meanwhile, the search operation by police and army troops was in progress.
4. The NADRA Chairman was asked for mobile biometric teams for the purpose of recognition.
5. District Administration through PDMA, and NADRA Chairman have activated mobile biometric team to identify bodies.
6. A facilitation centre was established by District Coordination Officer Abbottabad.
6. Dead bodies were being evacuated to Hospital Havelian and Ayub Medical College Tehsil Havelian.
7. DCO Office Abbottabad has confirmed that burnt bodies would be shifted to Ayub Medical Teaching Hospital Abbottabad, Phone No (0992) 9310200.