All Indian claims about carrying out of surgical strikes rejected

Indian claim of hitting Pakistani personnel on LOC/working boundary termed false

FORWARD LOCATIONS ALONG LOC, Oct 1 (APP): Pakistan Army on Saturday vehemently rejected all the Indian claims of so called surgical strikes, saying that no such incident had taken place.

“No such incident has taken place nor any such will be allowed to happen in future and if the adversary attempted so, it will be responded with an ever strongest force,”

Director General (DG) Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lt General Asim Saleem Bajwa said.

Briefing visiting journalists, representing both foreign and
local media, at two different locations along the Line of Control (LoC) Boxor and Hotsping, he said the Indian claims of carrying out surgical strikes across the LoC were baseless, absurd and unfounded, which were meant to not only misguide Indian people but also the international community.

“No physical violation of the LoC has taken place, nor it
will be allowed to happen by our resilient forces,” he reiterated in reply to a question.

“The Pakistan Army is fully prepared to take on any misadventure and any such attempt will be responded in a more effective and forceful manner,” he said.

General Officer Commanding of Bhimber Sector Major General Chiragh Haider apprised the journalists that no physical violation of the LoC happened on the night between September 28 and September 29 as claimed by the Indian Director General Military Operations.

The journalists were earlier given a full picture about the
geographical and physical location at the Boxor Formation by Brigade Commander, Brigadier Furqan Moazam. The entire scenario was drawn to make them understand that how the Indian forces had carried out unprovoked firing due to which a Pakistani soldier embraced ‘Shahadat’ (martyrdom).

At the foothills of Boxor Formation, two villages of about
130,000 inhabitants are situated, whose residents have no clue about any intrusion by the Indian troops. They confirm that only a crossfire had taken place on the particular night and nothing else.

The DG ISPR said the visit of media persons was arranged with the purpose that they should independently probe the Indian claim.

The Director General ISPR said the ceasefire violation
along the LoC was a routine affair and labelling it as a surgical strike was totally baseless and pack of ‘white lies’.

He said in 2003 Pakistan had announced unilateral ceasefire
which was later ratified by India. Pakistan, he said, had been exercising maximum restraint by not initiating fire.

The Pakistan side, he said, hardly initiated fire while in
most of the cases it was the other side which had initiated firing and then it became necessary for Pakistan to silence the guns of the adversary through an effective response.

He said same was the case of the night between Sept 28 and Sept 29 when the Indian side opened fire of small to medium caliber at around 0200 hours and the same was responded in a befitting manner. The fire from across the LoC continued till 0800 hours with a matchless response from the Pakistani side and the same morning it was named as a “surgical strike”.

In that specific case, he questioned as to how Indian
special forces personnel landed on the Pakistani soil and then left the area without coming into the knowledge of Pakistani troops who were deployed in an alert state.

If they had sent paratroopers, what was their purpose or aim to be here and how they returned to their country? he posed another question referring to the Indian claims.

When asked to comment on the hotline contact between the
Director Generals of Military Operations (DGMO) of the two countries,

he said they did speak on the issue and Pakistani DGMO lodged protest on the incident of unprovoked Indian firing that claimed lives of two Pakistani soldiers.
He had straightaway rejected the claim of Indian DGMO
regarding the surgical strike stating that no such incident had taken place.

The Director General ISPR stated that the United Nations Military Observer Group for India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) with seven posts on the Pakistani side of the LoC had been observing the situation while India had not been offering them access to the locations on its side.

Answering a question, he said inadvertent crossing of the LoC was a routine matter and if any such case was found it would be treated in accordance with the Standing Order Procedures (SOP).

“We are prepared for any eventuality. The other side had been escalating the situation which is being minutely observed by the world forums,” he added.

Pointing out the situation in Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK),
he said it was 84th consecutive day of curfew in the IOK where the people had been demanding their right to franchise in accordance with the UN resolutions.

The struggle of the IOK people, he said, was completely
indigenous. The present situation along the LoC, he added, was an Indian attempt to divert attention of the world forums from the situation in the IOK, especially at the time of UN General Assembly session.