Nisar to challenge Quetta Commission inquiry report

717

ISLAMABAD, Dec 17 (APP): Minister for Interior Ch. Nisar Ali Khan on Saturday said he would challenge Quetta Commission inquiry report which was created without the ministry’s narrative.
Addressing a press conference here, he said that he would challenge the Quetta Commission’s Inquiry Report at every forum to defend his honour and dignity.
“I read the report in newspapers, and I’m surprised how it was released without listening to our point of view. Only one side of the picture is shown,” he told media persons.
Nisar’s remarks came two days after the report of judicial commission probing August, 8 deadly attacks in Quetta.
Ch. Nisar said he would request the Supreme Court to fix the case for hearing it as early as possible.
“I understand those in the Supreme Court deserves honor. But those who go there to defend themselves are also worthy of respect,” Nisar added.
Nisar also dismissed criticism on National Action Plan (NAP) by lawmakers in the National Assembly and said he would present his and the Interior Ministry’s stance on the report before the Supreme Court and Parliament.
Interior Minister said that he had offered his resignation to Prime Minister, Muhammed Nawaz Sharif after report but he refused to accept it.
“I visited Prime Minister yesterday and told him if my expression embarrasses the government then I would resign to set the record straight. Prime Minister said that is unacceptable to him following which I am standing today here before you to tell you the other side of the story,” Nisar added.
He said that report had hurt him because national security was very much important for him.
“I try to do the right thing and I do not lie. A personal blow to me is
one thing but a blow to the national security is another matter,” Ch. Nisar maintained.
He said that he never considered to do politics to gain benefits and did not set up factories or got LNG quota.
At least 70 people were killed and over 100 others wounded in a suicide bombing on August 8, 2016 at the emergency ward of Quetta’s Civil Hospital, where scores of people had gathered to mourn the death of Balochistan Bar Association (BBA) President Bilal Anwar Kasi in a gun attack earlier in the day.
About meeting with the heads of some banned groups, Nisar said that he had held a meeting with a delegation of Difa e Pakistan Council, and not members of banned Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ), to discuss the matter of CNICs.
“We met to deliberate whether the CNICs of members of the banned outfits should be revoked,” Nisar said adding that Jamaat i Islami (JI) had invited ASWJ Chief, Maulana Ludhianvi, therefore all questions regarding the banned outfit should be directed towards JI and not the Interior Ministry.
To another question about a meeting of NACTA, he said a meeting of the NACTA executive committee was held in December 2014.
While responding to a question about appointment of Special Secretary in Ministry of Interior, Nisar said the appointment was in accordance with rules and regulations.
Nisar also told about success story made in counter terrorism operations in Pakistan and said people who had not even read the National Action Plan were among its critics.
The minister said that a boy daily talks about Panama Leaks but someone should ell him that name of his own mother is included in it.