NEW YORK, May 12 (APP): Donald Trump, the Republican presidential
hopeful, Wednesday appeared to have softened his stand on barring Muslims from travelling to the US, saying the proposed ban was “just a suggestion”’Responding to criticism from the newly elected Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, Trump said the planned ban was only “temporary”.
“It hasn’t been called for yet. Nobody’s done it,” the
billionaire businessman said in an interview with Fox News radio. “This is just a suggestion until we find out what’s going on,” he added.
Trump stood by his proposal, which has been criticized as potentially
unconstitutional, as he has repeatedly since emerging as the presumptive Republican nominee last week.