KARACHI, May 24 (APP): The German Pakistan Chamber of Commerce
and Industry (GPPCI) here on Wednesday inked a Memorandum of
Understanding (MoU) with Sindh Law Department for positive social
impact, an official of the German Consulate said.
He stated the German Consul General Rainer Schmiedchen along
with Sindh Law Minister Zia-Ul-Hassan Lanjar and Secretary General
GPCCI Ms. Ines Chabbi witnessed the signing ceremony.
The MoU was signed by Chairman GPCCI Qazi Sajid Ali and Sindh
Law Secretary Iftikhar Ali Shallwani.
The purpose of this MoU is to establish the terms and conditions
under which GPCCI and the Law Department will serve as a base to
enhance awareness amongst the people in general and the less
privileged groups in particular in the Province of Sindh.
Project based actions will be taken to improve following areas:
– Promoting small domestic enterprises leading towards the prosperity
of the people and elimination of child labour;
– Female capacity building in public and private sector;
– Diversity initiatives to include minorities and ethnic groups below
– Knowledge, training, hand on experience through training sessions
and educating groups, enabling them to learn from mutual best
practices, local guidelines and requirements for improving the living
conditions and well-being;
– Enhance awareness amongst the people by holding seminars and
workshops with regard to laws, rules and regulations;
– Enhance the scope of legislation with regard to the offences and
punishments not provided in the existing laws;
– Consolidate and codify the existing laws, rules and regulations.